California New Car Dealers Association (CNCDA) is currently seeking a professional, dynamic, skilled communications professional. CNCDA is the country's largest state automobile dealers association, with over 1200 members. CNCDA focuses on protecting and promoting the interests of franchised new car dealers before all state government and regulatory agencies. Working to create a business friendly climate where new car dealers can thrive, provide the best products and services to consumers and maintain high employment rates are all of critical importance to CNCDA and its members.
The Director of Marketing & Communications supports the mission and goals of CNCDA through thoughtful and strategic communications. The Director of Marketing & Communications is actively involved in supporting the work of the CNCDA staff.
Manage all communications functions, including internal and external information, public and media relations, issues management, crisis communications, brand management, and strategic communications while overseeing the implementation of agreed upon plans to drive the communications goals and objectives of CNCDA and its members.
- Develop all communications for statewide membership of 1,200 members through various distribution channels including website, e-newsletters, print magazines, videos, social media, and regularly scheduled communications.
- Develop, administer, and distribute all communications between CNCDA and its members, including but not limited to: Monthly Bulletin, Member Email Alerts, California New Car Dealer Quarterly Magazine, Auto Outlook .
- Manage text messaging alerts program, including legislative alerts .
- Compile and produce Annual Legislative Summary and Annual Economic Impact Report .
- Manage communications calendar/scheduling to streamline messaging opportunities to members, media, and legislators.
- Distill complex industry data and reports into digestible information for members, policymakers, media, and consumers.
- Build and execute strategic crisis communication plans.
- Develop creative and compelling narratives to communicate to stakeholders the significant and impactful economic contributions made by California’s new car dealers.
- Oversee and implement media relations strategies including development of key messaging, press releases, spokesperson identification, and execution of outreach to mainstream media and industry publications.
- Coordinate press interviews with CNCDA leadership and dealer members.
- Manage all media inquiries.
- Maintain and enhance media contact list.
- Direct brand management by ensuring continuity among all internal and external materials and messaging while enhancing the reputation and value of California’s retail automotive industry.
- Lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously among senior staff.
- Manage relationships and oversee projects with outside vendors and firms.
- Develop and manage all branding channels to ensure consistent theme, including but not limited to: Publications, compliance manuals ,website, internal and external documents, events, and marketing.
- Perform other communications duties as assigned.
- 2+ years experience in communications required
- 4+ years’ experience in a professional environment required
- 2+ years experience in managing social media communications required
- Bachelors Degree required
- Valid CA Drivers license required
- Demonstrated track record of strong and organized project management
- Experience in Public Relations preferred
- Interest in and understanding of the legislative process preferred
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape
- Membership association experience strongly preferred
- Creative and timely content developer, experience with producing public facing communications strongly preferred
- Ability to understand complex issues and distill quickly for variety of audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- WordPress familiarity preferred
- Team player who can work well in a small office environment
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility
- Self-motivated with a professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and exercise good independent judgement.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service
Please submit resume, unique cover letter indicating interest in CNCDA, and 1-2 page writing sample of public facing communication.
CNCDA offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, a generous 401K match, and a hybrid workplace policy.
California New Car Dealers Association is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.